Thursday, January 27, 2011

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Ranting

I'm so over thongs. Not that I was under them really. I just don't see what the big deal is. They're uncomfortable, for one thing. Basically a voluntary permanent wedgie. Which is fine if you're into that I guess. But my biggest problem with thongs is that they fail to achieve their primary purpose: to eliminate the dreaded underwear line. (I refuse to use the word 'panty' *shudder* or VPL since I loathe acronyms that you end up having spell out anyway. Why waste the time in the first place? I'm looking at you, Rachel Ray with your EVOO). I'd say 60% of the time, you can still tell the wearer is wearing a thong. It morphs into 'visible thong line' which to me is more embarrassing than people knowing you're wearing full, comfy underwear (I don't mean granny panties, but a little coverage is way better than none at all).

And yet this girl was worried about a visible panty line.
(It killed my soul to google 'pictures of thongs.' I wouldn't recommend it)

Thongs often stick out of the top of your pants, and if you're wearing a dress, it's often noticeable as well, depending on the fabric in question. The lines just go around your hips instead of under your tush. And why does everyone freak out so much about a visible underwear line anyway? Does it affect them in the slightest? There are children starving in Africa among other places and we're worried about panties? *shudder* At least we can afford panties! *shudder* So be grateful that we have enough disposable income that we don't have to go commando (which for me is completely out of the question. Unsanitary and even more uncomfortable). Speaking of disposable income, thongs tend to be more expensive than regular underwear too. What's up with that? Less material, lighter weight for shipping, and yet more moolah just for a fancy-looking wedgie. Boooo. I can understand thongs when it comes to sexy time. Because they're decorative rather than functional and are usually discarded fairly early on into the festivities. But as for day to day undergarments, the thong is kaput!

Thong despisers of the world, unite!

5 comments:

  1. Totally with you on this. When I was younger I was all about them and then the boyshort came out and I tossed those wretched things in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like TB, I also read this as "Anus"! And I HATE the word "panties". It's a word that reminds me of dirty, pervy men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what word is worse? 'Pantyhose.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always where a thong, I was unaware that it was to have "invisible underwear" I just prefer them more.
    their more comfy (they don't feel like a "permanent wedgie" and they don't bunch up under my butt)
    their prettier, and they make me feel better.

    I guess to each his(her in this case I guess)own. Just remember the other side isn't all about looks (I despise shallow people completely) and its not really that bad (well I'll wear normal panties (I do say panties cause underwear includes bras which do not matter on this topic)when I'm on my period, or wearing a dress (I HATE dresses, but if I sit down or wind comes or something and ppl get to see up, I'd rather be covered)
    But even then I don't wear those hideous normal panties you get as a kid, I wear girly boxers (sometimes not even girly)

    Just wanted to share my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would like to note that when I was forced to wear those disgusting normal panties, I ended up getting new ones every 2 weeks.

    I haven't gotten a new thing in 2 years.
    Do the math ;)

    ReplyDelete