Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shameless Self-Promotion!

I completely agree with Cake Betch of the Hot Mess Chronicles, that a single positive comment on my blog will make my entire day. Hell, any comment sends me over the moon. So imagine my delight and amazement when I discovered that the aforementioned and cheekily-pseudonymed Cake Betch passed along to me the Stylish Blogger Award! I humbly and respectfully accept with a single out-of-character YEE HAW! Huzzah and good fortune!


Go me! I'm stylish!
Who'da thunk?


There are also some rules that go with this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave this award to you.
I'd like to thank Ms. Betch for this award, as well as God for inspiring her to give it to me. He really does work in mysterious ways. (That was ironic, in case I wasn't being subtly snarky enough for you).


2. Share 7 things about yourself

- I am extremely lazy and would rather sit at home by myself in my pjs than actually go out and do something fun. That being said, I did actually go on a solo two month backpacking trip through Europe with only a school-sized backpack, and then did two and a half weeks through Australia. Not sure what convinced me to get off my ass, but I did it.

- I play the piano and the flute, but very poorly. I've recently discovered that my true musical talent lies not with my a cappella group, the oft-mentioned Sally Tomatoes, but playing the keyboard for Rock Band 3 in the recently formed band, Hatchetface (and by recently I mean last night me, the Bean and the Bean's boyfriend rocked Studio City with our renditions of Radiohead, the Beach Boys, and the Cure. We're nothing if not eclectic).


The muse of Hatchetface.

- I don't like being touched. I'm the opposite of a hugger. I don't even like to shake hands. I flinch when people even graze me by accident. When I studied abroad in France, every time we had to do that cheek-kissing greeting thing, I experienced an internal hissy fit. So. Awkward. The only people I will hug are my mom, my four nieces and my nephew. And no, I was never abused or anything, I just like my personal dancing space. Unless the magic is about to happen, and in that case, I make exceptions (especially my intended is of brawny, Jew-fro'd Canadian descent.)

- I am also not an animal lover. You may think that this is crazy and who doesn't love animals, but I'll tell you that the answer is me. My parents have a dog and two cats that I enjoy, but other than that, I really don't care about pets. They're expensive, smelly, messy, and entail way too much responsibility. It's like having kids that never learn how to take care of themselves eventually. I'm not a fan of zoos or other animal parks. I'm not saying I hate animals. I just refuse to watch Animal Planet, and I get pissed off at dog owners who don't pick up the poop. They're just not worth the trouble.

- I love television. Everyone loves television, or they love to say they never watch television in that pompous tone even though they secretly indulge in the Jersey Shore on occasion. But I really, honestly, truly love television. I watched far too much of it as a kid, which may have seemed like a waste of time to a lot of you, and most likely contributed to my lifelong battle with flubberness, but every second of tv watched I was learning. Learning for the day that I would become the next great sitcom writer. No one would know my name, but everyone would be quoting my lines. And that's enough for me.

Speaking of which...pickles sound super good right now.

- Speaking of flubberness, I have the most crazy random cravings. If you spend at least one hour with me, you'll be treated to a barrage of rapid-fire cravings. "I want cheesecake." Five minutes later, "Ooooh pickles!" Five seconds later, "DINTY MOORE BEEF STEW!" I'll get cravings for things I don't even like sometimes. Like beer. Every now and then a beer just sounds good, even though I hate the damn beverage.

- I tend to be a very negative and judgmental person. But I like to think it's part of my charm ; ) In real life I'm actually quite perky.

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

I don't know if I follow fifteen, but I will definitely award the ones I make it a priority to read as often as I can keep up. These people inspire me and brighten my day. They make me feel connected to a network of other silly, random nutbags instead of just standing alone like the cheese with strong odors and opinions. They sometimes take time out of their busy blogging schedules to read Sporadic Sporkitudes and for that, I salute them (in no particular order)!

TB @ Year 31
Christopher @ Netflix Stream
Romany @ Romblog

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Actually, no I don't think I will. If they want the award, they have to read this and claim it for themselves. Because I'm lazy. So I apologize for the chain letter aspect of this thing, but admit it. It's an honor just to be nominated. I also have more friends I'd like to nominate, but seeing as they haven't posted in at least 4 months and probably never even read blogs anymore, I guess I'll have to pass on them. There were also a few that don't need my help or a cute little award to bolster their self-esteem, so I took them down a peg too. DENIED!

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha

    Well, thanks! I think that I got the exact same award last week from Hulabuns, but I haven't accepted it yet, so now I get to kill two birds with one stone. Yay!

    I find it incredibly ironic and entertaining that you say you aren't an animal lover, but there's a picture of a puppy (wearing socks?) on your sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I won something! Wait... does this mean I have to go and blog now??? Argh, but I'm soooooo lazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all is welcome! And Romany, yes. Yes you do. I felt the same way when I saw mine because I hadn't planned on blogging and there went a whole hour of watching tv and doing nothing else, haha. But doesn't it feel good?

    ReplyDelete