Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebrity Divorce

I was very saddened today to hear that Kate Winslet and her husband Sam Mendes are getting a divorce. It's certainly never a surprise when celebrity marriages break-up, but in this case, I really feel bad for them. Kate Winslet is one of my favorite actresses, so talented, beautiful, and classy. And Sam Mendes is one of my favorite directors, very astute and interesting. They've been together for seven years, which is a lifetime in Hollywood. Now they're going their separate ways. I know that it in no way affects me, nor is it important to anyone besides themselves. Still though, when you see a marriage fail that you really thought would succeed, it tends to make you believe in the whole institution even less.

Ok, enough stalling by pontificating about more interesting peoples' lives. I have to focus on reading these scripts, but finding it difficult with all the ghetto noise (loud neighbor's music, car alarms, police sirens, ice cream trucks, "Tamales Tamales" guy, helicopters, booming sub-woofers of passing cars playing Michael Jackson). It's a wonder I get anything done at all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad too! I like them both a lot and they seemed like such a low-key, no fuss couple. Is there any hope for the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete